“What is Forgiveness?”
The Future of Flourishing Blog, Templeton World Charity Foundation, May 2022.
“From Monogamy to Politics, the Concept of Honesty is More Complex than You Think.”
Prospect Magazine. April 2018.
“How I Got Interested in the Philosophy of Character.”
Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues Insight Series, June 2015.
“Comments on Goldschmidt’s ‘Commanding Belief.’”
Association for the Philosophy of Judaism Online Symposium, June 2015.
- “The Power of Empathy for Good in the World.” The Partially Examined Life Blog. September 2018.
- “Are You Generous? The Three Requirements of True Generosity.” Quartz. May 2018.
- “The True Meaning of Generosity.” The Week. May 2018.
- “How to Stay Honest This Tax Season.” Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Salon, The News & Observer, Penn Live, Fort Bend Herald, ORBITER Magazine, Fox 12 Oregon, CBS 46 Atlanta, Fox Carolina, and Yahoo News. March 2018
- “How I Got Interested in the Philosophy of Character.” Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues Insight Series, June 2015. Article no longer on the Jubilee site.
- “Answering “Why Be Good?” for a Three Year Old” Slate. April, 2015. Article no longer on the Slate site.
- “Which Beliefs Contribute to Virtuous Behavior?” Invited Paper for The Big Questions Online. June, 2012. This website is no longer in operation.